The Dojo Operations (Dojo Ops) role is a dedicated position that focuses on the operational functions of the Dojo. Whether you’re starting your Dojo practice or looking to scale, this is a critical role for driving Dojo success across the enterprise. Below are some key responsibilities that Dojo Ops handles per Dojo engagement.
As you start executing Dojos, it’s important to market the Dojo brand across the enterprise continuously so teams recognize the program. Dojo Ops drives the marketing efforts to keep the Dojo intake funnel full.
As various teams come into the Dojo, it's crucial to gather specific requirements and goals to deliver the best Dojo experience effectively. Not all teams are ready for the Dojo, so identifying teams that can ‘slow down to speed up’ is essential.
- Defining and improving the intake process (how teams enter the Dojo)
- Scheduling consultations, charters, and Dojo engagements
- Gathering and organizing specific team information, goals, and metrics
- Working with Scrum Masters/Product Owners to coordinate team capacity and availability for the Dojo
- Aligning Dojo engagements with coaches depending on expertise and availability
Once teams establish their Dojo objectives, it's time to start tracking their process.
- Providing access to various sandbox environments
- Breaking down the team level goals into tasks and sub-tasks and placing them on the team’s backlog
- Capturing success stories
- Facilitating check-ins between team members and coaches to ensure a great Dojo experience
- Scheduling showcases with leadership
- Arranging celebrations and team building activities
As teams conclude their Dojo experience, they transition into the ‘Aftercare’ Phase. Here, teams receive actionable feedback and the next steps to continue working in a new way productively.
- Crafting a success story for the team’s leadership
- Measuring the success of each Dojo engagement
- Identifying aftercare support items for teams
- Establishing future Dojo objectives for the team
- Creating enterprise-wide marketing material like videos and decks to help market and scale the Dojo practice
- Enhancing the Dojo portal based on team’s feedback
Dojo Ops plays a critical role in scaling the Dojo practice across the enterprise. This role frees up coaches to focus on what’s truly important, coaching! As well as provides a smoother customer experience for teams coming through the Dojo. We’ve discovered that these templates will assist the Dojo staff in automating and growing the offering. If you’re looking for more information on executing remote Dojos, check out this blog post.
Contact us to see how we can help kickstart & scale your Dojo practice!